Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Taste for Tuesday: Turkey Enchiladas

Who's in the mood for tacos this Tuesday? Well these Turkey Enchiladas are pretty darn close! I promise you, these will become a favorite in no time. There are two key ingredients that will make these enchiladas stand out from the others, and they are: hard se and cream cheese. Okay, now let's get to it!
My baking dish was too small, causing the individual enchiladas to want to all become one. Haha. Plus, I loaded those bad boys up really good!


Here is what you will need:

1 box hard shell tacos (I used whole wheat)
1.5 pounds ground turkey
1 can black beans, drained (I used seasoned black bean)
2 10 oz. cans of enchilada sauce
1 Tbs. olive oil
8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbs. taco seasoning
1 tsp. chipotle seasoning
1 tsp. ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Mexican-blend cheese
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 cups lettuce, chopped

Before you begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. Drizzle olive oil in large skillet, add ground turkey. Saute on medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked (about 10 minutes).
2. Add in garlic and black beans.
3. Add taco seasoning, chipotle seasoning, ground cumin, salt and pepper.
4. Cut up cream cheese and add in. Stir until cream cheese melts.
5. In a large baking dish, pour 1 10 oz. can of enchilada sauce into the dish. 
6. Fill taco shells with meat mixture. With this amount, I filled 8 shells completely full.
7. Place each filled taco shell into the dish laying down. It is suggest that you use a larger dish and give each taco enough room to lay flat. The largest dish I could find sadly wasn't large enough.
8. Pour the other 10 oz. can of enchilada sauce over the tacos and sprinkle the cheese on top.
9. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
10. Serve with lettuce, tomato and avocados, or any sides of your choice!
Taste for Tuesday: Turkey Enchiladas Taste for Tuesday: Turkey Enchiladas


I find that using hard shell tacos works great with enchiladas, that way they have the chance to crisp up and absorb the sauce. I am not too big of a fan of soft shell flour tortillas because sometimes I find that it is too much "bread" for more liking. Not sure if "bread" is the right term to use but I'm sure you get what I am trying to say. Anyways, dish up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment